Monday, January 16, 2012

My "Baker City Oregon" Quilt




I have had a goal to start and finish projects that are already in my quilting collection. It seems the new fabrics in the store sometimes look more inviting than what I have already purchased.
One day when I lived in Baker City, I went to my favorite quilt store. On the counter to be "kitted" was a stack of fabric on bolts. It was the collection in the above quilt. I hardly ever bought a kit because I love to choose my own colors and patterns. However, this particular set of fabrics appealed to me and I couldn't improve on the selection.
I got this pattern and fabric out and completed this quilt last week. I have lots of memories of living in that town. I did not live there long. Life has taken me away from there. I came to Baker at a very difficult time in life. My husband Roger had been diagnosed with dementia. The last chapter of Roger's life was lived in Baker City.
I have some wonderful friends in Baker. Grandchildern were born there. A little piece of my life story was written there. Traditions Quilt store is still there. If you are ever in the area stop in and say hello to Dawn K for me. ...... and I do miss the beauty of the mountains on the horizon.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Beautiful reminder of Baker! I miss you all being in Baker!

Site Meter